WELCOME TO NEWBERRY COUNTY!
Newberry County Visitors Center
1209 Caldwell Street, PO Box 396
Newberry, SC 29108
Newberry County: At The Center of It All
Near the geographic center of the state, Newberry County is close to everything you could want. Stop and stay awhile, or forever.
Need high speed fiber connectivity? Your answer is most likely, "Yes." In today's world, reliable connectivity has become a necessity for work, school, and entertainment. In the City of Newberry, WCFIBER provides fiber internet access. "West Carolina Tel is designated as a nationally Certified Gig-Capable Provider by NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association." If you are a member-owner of Newberry Electric Coop., Inc. power, CarolinaConnect is going to be your go-to for reliable, fast speeds.
In real estate, it’s “location, location, location.” The same can be said for Newberry County.
With our central Midlands location, we’re close to the beautiful South Carolina beaches, close to the Blue Ridge Mountains, contain much of Sumter National Forest, and is at the center of a cultural and economic renaissance that’s been recognized in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal. That’s why we like to say, “Meet me half-way in Newberry.”
Meet Me Halfway
Just off Interstate 26, midway between Columbia and Greenville airports, we’re only 93 miles to Charlotte and 187 to Atlanta, with I-20, I-77 and I-95 all nearby.
Founded in 1785, Newberry County is made up of nine cities, towns, and communities. Small town southern charm, a robust arts scene, thriving downtowns, and great schools are just some of the amenities to be found; and with a surprisingly low cost of living. We are the ideal location for both large industry and small business and have room for growth.
Points of Interest
- Newberry Opera House - This state-of-the-art performance facility, hosting a wide array of performances in an intimate setting. Events include musicals, operas, popular headliners, and comedy acts to suit a diverse taste of entertainment.
- Enoree River Winery – one of only twelve wineries in the state
- Carter and Holmes Orchids – the second largest orchid producer in the United States. They ship all over the world and have developed thousands of species of orchids in their labs.
- Rich in agricultural history, we have several farms that offer products, tours, and helpful information. Click here for a partial listing. The Newberry County Chamber of Commerce coordinates the Grow Newberry Farmers Market +Art and the Annual Ag+Art Tour.
- Approximately one-third of the county is home to Sumter National Forest.
- Access to two lakes – Lake Murray and Lake Greenwood
-Whitmire’s Party in the Pines
-Harper Street Bike Parade - 4th of July
-Law Enforcement's 4th of July Fireworks
Join us in Newberry County for a memorable visit or to relocate… at the center of it all!