WELCOME TO NEWBERRY COUNTY!
Newberry County Visitors Center
1209 Caldwell Street, PO Box 396
Newberry, SC 29108
Newberry County: At The Center of It All
Near the geographic center of the state, Newberry County is close to everything you could want. Stop and stay awhile.
In real estate, it’s “location, location, location.” The same can be said for Newberry County.
With our central Midlands location, we’re close to the beautiful South Carolina beaches, close to the Blue Ridge Mountains, contain much of Sumter National Forest, and is at the center of a cultural and economic renaissance that’s been recognized in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal. That’s why we like to say, “Meet me half-way in Newberry.”
Meet Me Halfway
Just off Interstate 26, midway between Columbia and Greenville airports, we’re only 93 miles to Charlotte and 187 to Atlanta, with I-20, I-77 and I-95 all nearby.
Founded in 1785, Newberry County is made up of nine cities, towns, and communities. Small town southern charm, a robust arts scene, thriving downtowns, and great schools are just some of the amenities to be found; and with a surprisingly low cost of living. We are the ideal location for both large industry and small business and have room for growth.
Points of Interest
- Newberry Opera House - This state-of-the-art performance facility, hosting a wide array of performances in an intimate setting.
Events include musicals, operas, popular headliners, and comedy acts to suit a diverse taste of entertainment.
- Enoree River Winery – one of only twelve wineries in the state
- Carter and Holmes Orchids – the second largest orchid producer in the United States. They ship all over the world and have
developed thousands of species of orchids in their labs.
- Newberry County is known as the “Milk and Egg Capital” of South Carolina.
- A portion of the Palmetto Trail runs through Lynches Woods in Newberry County and through downtown Newberry.
- Approximately one-third of the county is home to Sumter National Forest.
-Newberry's Pork in the Park
-Whitmire’s Party in the Pines
-Law Enforcement's 4th of July Fireworks
-Christmas Tree Lightings and Parades throughout the county
Join us in Newberry County for a memorable visit or to relocate… at the center of it all!