WELCOME TO NEWBERRY COUNTY!
Points of Interest
- Newberry Opera House - This state-of-the-art performance facility, hosting a wide array of performances in an intimate setting.
Events include musicals, operas, popular headliners, and comedy acts to suit a diverse taste of entertainment.
- Enoree River Winery – One of only twelve wineries in the state.
- Carter and Holmes Orchids – The second largest orchid producer in the United States. They ship all over the world and have
developed thousands of species of orchids in their labs.
- Newberry County is known as the “Milk and Egg Capital” of South Carolina.
- A portion of the Palmetto Trail runs through Lynches Woods in Newberry County and through downtown Newberry.
- Approximately one-third of the county is home to Sumter National Forest.
- Access to two lakes – Lake Murray and Lake Greenwood
-Historical Markers and War Memorials
-National Park Service's National Register of Historic Places
-Newberry's Pork in the Park
-Whitmire’s Party in the Pines
-Harper Street Bike Parade - 4th of July
-4th of July Celebration on Lake Murray
-Law Enforcement's 4th of July Fireworks
-Keep Newberry Beautiful Summer Fair
-Chamber's Christmas Tour of Homes